Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA)
FOSTER CITY, Calif., August 20, 2008 – In conjunction with a global announcement by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) today announced the North American availability of the updated PSP®(PlayStation®Portable) system (PSP-3000). Available on October 14 in the previously announced Ratchet & Clank®: Size Matters™ PSP Entertainment Pack, the updated PSP will feature a new LCD screen with a wider color gamut and anti-reflection technology, as well as a built-in microphone to enhance both multi-player gaming and Skype™ calls. The form factor and overall functionality of the current, slimmed-down PSP-2000 will remain the same with the updated PSP system. SCEA today also announced the PSP 4GB Memory Entertainment Pack ($199.99 MSRP), which will include the updated PSP, a 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo™ and a PLAYSTATION®Network voucher to download Everyday Shooter for PSP system. In addition to the bundles, the updated PSP will be available as a stand-alone product later this year.
“As we head into the holiday shopping season, both of these new Entertainment Packs represent a significant value for gift-givers, combining the updated PSP and its enhanced screen with content that showcases the PSP’s gaming and entertainment functionality,” said Peter Dille, senior vice president, marketing and PLAYSTATION Network, SCEA. “The 4GB Memory bundle is geared toward the digital entertainment enthusiast who likes to bring their media files on-the-go and download content from the PLAYSTATION Network. The Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters bundle is a great family-friendly option centered on one of the most beloved PlayStation franchises.”
As announced at the E3 Media & Business Summit, the Ratchet & Clank PSP Entertainment Pack will be available for $199.99 (MSRP) on October 14. The Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters PSP Entertainment Pack includes:
• Updated Mystic Silver PSP system; the first updated PSP available on store shelves
• Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters – In this PSP Greatest Hits title, Ratchet and Clank go back to the franchise's roots with classic Ratchet & Clank® gameplay. While on a much needed vacation, Ratchet and Clank’s rest and relaxation time is suddenly cut short as they soon find themselves lured into a mysterious quest.
• “National Treasure 2: Book Of Secrets” UMD® video – Join Nicolas Cage on a heart-pounding adventure that will have you on the edge of your seat in a race to find the Lost City of Gold. Grounded in history, imbued with myth and mystery, Disney’s “National Treasure 2: Book Of Secrets” takes you on a globe-trotting quest full of adrenaline-pumping twists and turns — all leading to the final clue in a mysterious and highly guarded book containing centuries of secrets.
• echochrome™ PLAYSTATION Network voucher* – Featuring an elegant black and white art design, echochrome is a puzzle game unlike any other. With gameplay based on optical illusions, players must utilize five simple laws of perspective to join walkways, hide dangers, and create new paths to reach the “echos,” or shadow guides. Download echochrome for PSP from PLAYSTATION®Store (http://store.playstation.com) to your Memory Stick PRO Duo with the included voucher.
• 1GB Memory Stick PRO Duo – Store your photos, music, videos, downloadable games and game saves.
The PSP 4GB Memory Entertainment Pack will be the first bundle to feature a 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo, offering plenty of storage for saving movies and TV shows downloaded from the recently launched PLAYSTATION Network video delivery service. The bundle will be available in November for $199.99 (MSRP).
The PSP 4GB Memory Entertainment Pack includes:
• Updated Piano Black PSP system
• 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo – Store more photos, music, videos, downloadable games and game saves.
• Everyday Shooter PLAYSTATION Network voucher* – A colorful and music-driven arcade shooter, Everyday Shooter won three awards at the Independent Gaming Festival at the 2007 Game Developers Conference. Unlike traditional arcade shooters, in Everyday Shooter each on-screen interaction is a note, chord, or riff that plays in harmony with each level’s unique music track. The title is available for PLAYSTATION®3 and will be making its debut for PSP. Download Everyday Shooter for PSP from PLAYSTATION Store to your Memory Stick PRO Duo with the included voucher.
In addition to the new PSP Entertainment Packs, an updated PSP in Piano Black will be available later this year as part of the PSP Core Pack, which includes an AC adaptor and battery pack for $169.99 (MSRP).
Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. continues to redefine the entertainment lifestyle with its PlayStation® and PS one® game console, the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) handheld entertainment system, and the ground-breaking PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system and its online and network services PLAYSTATION® Network and PLAYSTATION® Store.
Recognized as the undisputed industry leader, Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. markets the PlayStation family of products and develops, publishes, markets, and distributes software for the PS one game console, the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, the PSP system and the PS3 system for the North American market. Based in Foster City, Calif. Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc. serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
# # #
Visit us on the Web at www.us.playstation.com.
* Memory Stick PRO Duo and PLAYSTATION Network registration are required. User responsible
for all applicable Internet fees. Voucher for echochrome expires February 28, 2009. Voucher for Everyday Shooter expires March 15, 2009.
“PlayStation”, “PLAYSTATION”, “PSP”, “PS one” and “UMD” are registered trademarks and “PS3” is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. “Memory Stick PRO Duo” is a trademark of Sony Corporation. Skype is a trademark of Skype Limited. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
©2009 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Readers are advised that the press releases and other information posted on this site are current only on their original publication date. Please note that such press releases and other information may now be outdated or rendered inaccurate due to passage of time or subsequent material changes in facts and circumstance.